Blog Archive

Monday, August 12, 2013

"Immune Three-Eyes of the Dead" The Walking Dead FanFiction by Lolita Lynn


“Immune 3 Eyes of the Dead”

Story up til now: Vanessa Summers lived through the intial infection and the panic and confusion it came with. She was bitten by her ex-boyfriend and now fears turning into a zombie in the prescence of a young girl named Lizzy whom she took in. Now Vanessa and Lizzy have stumbled upon the camp of Rick's group. The time frame is just after Rick and a few others went back into the city to look for Merle only to return and discover the camp being attacked by a horde. The group has lost Amy and others and now have a shaken sense of security. Vanessa does not know she is immune and the group does not know she's been bitten.

 

The day was bright and almost cheerful if not for the bodies laying in two piles on the ground. I made the rounds and met some of the group although they had just gone through a tragedy the night before. Rick and Lori, a married couple, had a son, Carl who was friendly enough considering. I let Lizzy go with him into the camper to sit. The camper belonged to Dale a father type who took in Andrea and Amy on the road. Andrea, a lawyer, was indisposed at the moment with her younger sister Amy, laying dead by the camper. Glenn, a young asian boy, was kind enough also but tired from work of moving bodies back and forth with Daryl, Jim, Morales, and Jac.

 

I sat by the fire and the group was a bit weary of me. I was not going to impose so much, I needed to leave soon. They can't find out that I had been bitten. "That blood is fresh, were you bit?" For a moment I thought that I was made and moved to cover my arm more only to look up and realize that is was Jac, a pretty black woman, speaking to Jim; a tall lanky white make who was helping to move the bodies.

 

"Jim's been bit, he's been bit." Jac cried out and the group dispersed into a circle around him. Daryl shoved his shirt up to releave a fresh bite on his side. I couldn't help but feel sympathy for him. He looked frightened, like death was looking him in the face and he didn't know what to do. He kept repeating that he was alright but the group kept their distance. Shane, another Sherriff's deputy, had a cautious expression on his face. This is the way to treat the newly infected now. To stir clear. Jim now sat by the camper while the group discusses what to do. I didn't feel I was privy to that meeting so I sat by the fire with Lizzy.

 

"What's happening, Vanessa?" Lizzy asked me. "That man is sick, Lizzy. He's been infected." I simply said. Lizzy didn't know about my bite. "Is he gonna die?" I looked into those blue eyes, so innocent yet seasoned in this new world. "Yes, Lizzy. He's going to die." And walk again, I said in my head. I sighed with relief when the group decided to show mercy. They were not going to kill him but hopfully look for a cure. I doubt there is one in this new world. Rick suggested they go to the CDC in Atlanta, that if someone was working on a cure they would be there. I thought it made sense. Daryl was angered by this. He spoke full of conviction saying they shouldn't travel with someonewho was infected. Again, I lowered my sleeve a bit more hoping no one could see.

 

Hours past and I finally got Rick alone. I wanted to talk to him about leaving Lizzy in their care. He was sure to ask me why and I'm reluctant to tell him but I never even got the chance. Lizzy must have noticed the bit on my arm at one point because she told Carl as much who ran to tell his father. He looked at me askew but said nothing. I simply walked to Lizzy intending to tell her she had to stay and group surrounded me the same as Jim hours before. Even with the sword on my side I felt almost helpless. "She can't stay. She's been bitten, she can't stay with us, not another one." Daryl spoke. Rick tried to tell them that maybe they can still find a cure, for both me and Jim in Atlanta. I told him to stop.

 

"You don't have to worry about me. I'm not staying. I just....I needed to just find a place...for Lizzy." The words were a lot harder to speak than think. "Vanessa, no! I'm going with you." I took Lizzy by the shoulders and kneeled in front of her. Her eyes glistened with unshed tears. "Lizzy, you can't go with me. You know what happens when you get bit. You need to stay with these good people. They'll take care of you." She cried now. "You can't just leave me. My parents left me. They didn't even wait, they left me alone!"

 

"Lizzy, I'm not leaving you because I want to, I'm leaving because I have to." I hugged her and held her and let her cry through her pain. I stood and handed Rick my back pack. "Here. There some food in there, couple bottles of water. I won't need them." Rick had a pained look in his eyes. "Come with us to Atlanta, please." I shook my head and told the group thank you. I walked away back down the hiking trail. I didn't turn back. I expected to walk off to my death with only a sword and regret as company. By the time I got to the bottom of the moutain, shots rang out in the woods. I looked back up at the small piece of camper showing through the trees, more shots exploded. The camp was being attacked again and by the sound of gunfire, the horde must be considerable. Should I go back? There were plenty of adults, they would be able to handle it right? I can't leave them to it alone. I'm going to die anyway, why not die protecting Lizzy. I ran uphill but couldn't even feel the pain of my legs as they strain to keep pace. I had to get back and help.

 

To be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment