Blog Archive

Friday, August 2, 2013

My Sky- Original poem by Lolita Lynn


My Sky

What is it about the sky that fascinates me so?

Is it the alluring hues or blazing bronze glow?

Everything about it seems to take me by surprise,

As the cool north wind cause clouds to slowly drift by.

The gentle waving of the green grass, the rustle of the trees,

The wonderfully hot daytimes and the cool and pleasant eves.

There’s nothing more I look forward to than the dancing of the sun

As it blends with sky and seemingly becomes one.

The cotton clouds that reach up; towering miles around

I see shapes within their boundaries of slightly sloping mounds.

Is it the shafts of light streaming down to the Earth below?

What is it about the sky that fascinates me so?

-July 28, 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment